Leverage cryptography and blockchain to certify and authenticate files such as logs, source code, backups and analysis files.
The fast pace, complex collaborative environments, and automated decision systems of today's digital economy leave enterprises vulnerable to data tampering. What happens when tampered data is accidentally used in automated systems or by decision makers? Operational and Trust disruptions, which in turn lead to heavy costs, scandals up to potential bankruptcy. The examples of data tampering are manyfolds (1) security log revisions, (2) transaction record falsifications, (3) research results revisions, (4) compliance tests modifications and even (4) student grade modifications. It is important to note that attackers with a vested interest in modifying history can be hackers but also employees from the organization itself. Enterprises and institutions must ensure themselves from data tampering through appropriate governance model and highly secure data technology.
MANTLE allows enterprises to ensure the full authenticity of data and files by easily registering their cryptographic representation immutably on the blockchain and providing on-read validation to alert of any future discrepancies (tampering).
As an example: An automated process can be set up to register a binary file containing banking transaction logs every hour on the blockchain. When the data is used for further processing such as compliance audit or analytics, it is run against the original file registered on the blockchain to verify its authenticity. If discrepancies are identified, the decision maker knows that the data is tampered and the proper process can be applied. The same method can be used to verify the authenticity fo any type of data/files for various contexts and industries.
Why use Blockchain technology?
- Data you can trust. Unlike traditional databases, it is possible to verify the integrity and authenticity of data on-read.
- Exponentially more difficult to exploit. Inherent decentralization makes it nearly impossible to compromise the data stores. And is not vulnerable to traditional database exploits.
- And more. Blockchain enables unified identity management, persistent distributed governance and simplified multi-party collaborations.
- Strengthen operational security
- Enhanced operational monitoring
- Assure data authenticity & integrity
How does it work?
Within your application, use Mantle API to:
- Create a binary file or simply upload the file through Mantle API
- Add Mantle Compare API call to application logic or operational process before using the file
- Add logic to handle mismatch (ex. Interrupt, log exception, etc.).